The 4-day Classic Inca Trail to the citadel of Machu Picchu is among the top-ranked treks in the entire world. It is really famous for those who enjoy adventure and seek adrenaline rush experiences. Combine treks through the Andean heights, camping, tours of archaeological sites and then descent into the Peruvian jungle until you reach the ancient stone vacation retreat of the Inca nobility.
This is the beautiful part. However, there is one thing to be careful about: securing tickets for the time of year you want to do the trail… as we said, the Classic Inca Trail is in very high demand around the world, and permits sell out very quickly. well in advantage. Below, we have listed our tips so that you can book your trip to Cusco, with the assurance that there will be no problem with your admission tickets to the greatest hiking adventure in Peru.
Top Tips for Getting Tickets
- Very important to secure the tickets for the Classic Inca Trail: you must contact us at least 6 months before the dates you want to do the trek. Because the permits are sold long before people arrive on the adventure. Also, remember that every February the Inca Trail is closed, due to maintenance work on the circuit. (Regular tours to Machu Picchu remain available).
- We recommend you do the same if after the Classic Inca Trail you also want to climb the amazing climb to the Huayna Picchu mountain, the highest one found inside the citadel. Or if you want to do some other tour later.
- When it comes to securing tickets, trust only certified and licensed travel companies like FLY CUSCO PERU TRAVEL AGENCY. Since admissions are administered by the Peruvian government, no private tour operator can get them without proper documentation. These tickets are not private property, it is the Peruvian State that organizes the assignments.
- Be absolutely precise with the month and days you want to book! No ticket can be transferred, any date can be changed, and any travel agency will not refund anything because these permits are only valid for the original purchaser. Never buy from someone who may be offering Inca Trail permits directly; they are only purchased by formal licensed tour operators.
- Currently, it is possible that travel agencies send the tickets to your smartphone, so that you can have them in virtual format and show them at the entrance of the trek. But, always remember, obtaining tickets and purchasing them can only be done by a formal travel agency like FLY CUSCO PERU TRAVEL AGENCY.
- The minimum age to do the Classic Inca Trail is 7 years.
- The maximum age is 77 years.
- The maximum number of people in a group is 15 We operate in groups of 10 people – Small groups.
- Check our covid-19 safety protocols for adventure tours and keep in touch with our staff to be updated on possible changes.
And one last piece of very good advice: if you were not successful, for whatever reason, in obtaining tickets for the Classic Inca Trail, there are excellent equally amazing alternatives: the 5-day Salkantay and Machu Picchu, the 4-day lares trek and Machu Picchu , the Ausangate trek and the rainbow mountain of 3 and 5 days, and the Inca trail of 2 days. They all have much more availability and different itineraries than the Classic, but they are challenging, fun, educational, and of course, they all end at the majestic site of Machu Picchu.
Availability calendar of the Inca Trail
Check our easy-to-use 4-day Classic Inca Trail availability calendar! Please let us know what day you expect to hike so we can let you know about availability.
Do not forget that it is mandatory to secure the tickets for the Classic Inca Trail at least 5 months in advance! Talk to our travel professionals and start planning the best vacation of your life!